Hi there, and welcome to the State Leadership Application for the Forward Party.
We're in the process of identifying and empowering leaders in all fifty states, Washington, DC and the five territories of the United States.
That said, being a State Lead is no easy task, and requires a serious commitment of time and energy. Submit this form only if you have 10+ hours of time to dedicate per week. It's also worth noting that this is an unpaid volunteer position.
All state leads will need to sign both the Code of Conduct and the Volunteer Pledge. Those documents can be found here.
- Growing the community of Forward activists in your state
- Establishing and building both a statewide and county leadership structure
- Building, leading and writing a state party recognition strategy (the nation team will provide support, collaboration and resources to assist)
- Building an outreach team to respond to new members of your community, new volunteer signups and new donors, with the intention of turning them into ongoing activists and local leaders
- Facilitating events and meetups to grow a sense of community among existing activists
- Hosting volunteer opportunities to take the Forward Party message to as many people as possible:
- Tabling events at festivals, college campuses and more
- Social media "tweet banking"
- Canvassing/phone banking
- Creating civic engagement programs to encourage volunteerism and community service in local areas around your state
The Forward HQ team will support you with materials, technology and a serious amount of training to make sure you're in a position to succeed, so if you don't naturally know quite what to do after reading the above, that's okay!
Thank you so much for your interest, and you can expect to hear from us soon.