Hi there, and welcome to the application to become an Interim State Lead for the Forward Party.
We're in the process of identifying and empowering leaders in all fifty states, Washington, DC and the five territories of the United States. We've found that 3-5 leaders for each state work best, so even if your state seems to have a leadership team in place, we're still interested in hearing from you. That said, being an Interim State Lead is no easy task, and requires a pretty serious commitment of time and energy. Submit this form only if you have 10+ hours of time to dedicate per week. It's also worth noting that this is an unpaid volunteer position.
All interim state leads will need to sign both the Code of Conduct and the Volunteer Pledge. Those documents can be found here.
- Growing the community of Forward activists in your state
- Responding new new members of your community, new volunteer signups and new donors, with the intention of turning them into activists
- Facilitating events and meetups to grow a sense of community among existing activists
- Hosting volunteer opportunities to take the Forward Party message to as many people as possible:
- Tabling events at festivals, college campuses and more
- Social media "tweet banking"
- IRL street teams
- Mobilizing those activists to Forwardist causes, including Ranked-Choice Voting, signature gathering, registering voters and more
The Forward HQ team will support you with materials, technology and a serious amount of training to make sure you're in a position to succeed, so if you don't naturally know quite what to do after reading the above, that's okay!
Thank you so much for your interest, and you can expect to hear from us soon.