Many of us have the heart for change but lack the confidence to fly. Political activism can seem messy & this complexity often makes us feel uneasy discussing politics. That's why we are offering a social learning opportunity! The course is completely free and self-paced; you can commit as little as an hour a week for five weekly meetings.
What will I gain from this opportunity?
- Greater confidence as an activist, active member of my community, & Forwardist
Knowledge of Citizen Politics, for example:
- How does America's democracy differ from other similar countries?
- What is the "duopoly", and is it really so ineffective/outdated?
- Do social movements (like the Forward Party) ever work? What can we learn from those that succeed, and those that fail?
- And many more interesting things on lobbyists, public opinion, and the media
- A sense of pride because you are an active lifelong learner who joins with your community to grow as a citizen
I've never done an online course. How can I prepare?
- First, know that we've worked really hard to create fun, interactive learning activities for any and all types of learners to participate together as a community
- If you'd like to review how some of the platforms we'll be using work, check out the following YouTube videos for: Discord | Padlet | EdX
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to me at [email protected]
Do you like this page?